The ICUMT 2016 program is now available on this link.
For the oral presentations, the congress rooms will be equipped with data projector and desktop PC. For computer presentations we provide MS PowerPoint and PDF Acrobat Reader.
Since using authors’ own computers often causes technical problems and breaks please do not plan to use your own laptop. Instead please prepare your presentation in electronic form (MS Power Point, Adobe PDF) and arrive to the assigned lecture room 10 minutes before the start of your session to report to the Chairman and to copy your files to the presentation computer.
Prospective authors are invited to submit full-length original and previously unpublished papers via the EDAS. Submitted papers will be peer-reviewed by at last two members of the Scientific Programme Committee.
All the accepted papers will be published in the conference proceedings issued on USB drive, which (containing only presented papers at the conference) will be sent for indexing and abstracting in IEEE Xplore® digital library and for indexing in SCOPUS databases.
Authors should prepare a PDF file following the IEEE single-space, two-column format using at least 10 point size type. The paper must be correctly formatted to fit on A4. The paper should not exceed 6 pages including figures, tables & references. Maximum 4 additional pages are allowed. Additional pages will be overcharged. The papers cannot exceed 10 pages, otherwise they will be automatically rejected. The cost of overcharge per page is indicated in the Registration Fees. The paper must be submitted in PDF format via the EDAS System.
Note: The congress organizers reserves the right to not include a paper to the Proceedings if the congress registration fee is not paid or if the paper is not presented on the ICUMT 2016 congress.
ATTN: Same instructions applied for all papers associated with the ICUMT 2016 and all workshops
Please be aware that for the ICUMT 2016 and associated workshops at least one Regular/IEEE/Student registration before August 26, 2016 (to receive the Early Registration fee) per accepted paper is mandatory to include the paper in the proceedings of the congress and IEEE Xplore. If your paper is accepted for a workshop, at least workshop registration fee has to be paid. Full congress registration covers workshop papers as well. A paper without registered authors after September 9, 2016 will be withdrawn.
1. Verify that your paper is created using the congress templates – see above in Manuscript template. The PDF file should be prepared according to the IEEE PDF specification. The page numbers will be inserted by the congress proceedings producer. So please make sure not to number your pages. Do not insert any footers or headers. Do not use any PDF security features in submitted PDF files, i.e., they must be fully accessible and editable by the proceedings producer for numbering and other production purposes.
2. Proofread and check layout of manuscript (it is highly recommended that you do this BEFORE going to IEEE PDF eXpress Plus.)
3. Create IEEE PDF eXpress Plus account (see „Procedure for PDF eXpress Plus log in“ below)
4. Upload source file(s) for Conversion; and/or PDF(s) for Checking
5. Use IEEE PDF eXpress Plus to attain IEEE Xplore-compatible PDF(s). The site contains extensive instructions, resources, helpful hints, and access to technical support.
6. According to the IEEE policy the contact author of each paper accepted for presentation in the ICUMT 2016 congress has to fill in the IEEE Copyright Form. The online IEEE eCopyright form will be available in the EDAS. Note that without this document your paper cannot be submitted for indexing in the IEEE Xplore® database.
7. Submit the final, IEEE Xplore-compatible PDF(s) to the ICUMT 2016 via your EDAS profile. Please DO NOT change the file NAME i.e. its PIDxxxxxxx code generated by PDF eXpress Plus . Please note: uploading a paper to IEEE PDF eXpress Plus is not the same as submitting the paper to the congress. You will still need to upload the checked PDF with final manuscript and copyright form to EDAS.
Procedure for PDF eXpress Plus log in
1. Go to IEEE PDF eXpress Plus Site: http://www.pdf-express.org/plus Conference ID: 38751XP
2. For each congress paper, click „Create New Title“
3. Enter identifying text for the paper (title is recommended but not required)
4. Click „Submit PDF for Checking“ or „Submit Source Files for Conversion“
5. Indicate platform, source file type (if applicable), click Browse and navigate to file, and click „Upload File“. You will receive online and email confirmation of successful upload. If you have your final manuscript in LaTex you might need to upload archive including all support files like images etc.*
6. You will receive an email with your Checked PDF or IEEE PDF eXpress Plus-converted PDF attached. If you submitted a PDF for checking, the email will show if your file passed or failed
IEEE PDF eXpress Plus converts the following file types to PDF:Rich Text Format, Freelance, (La)TeX (DVI and all support files required), PageMaker, FrameMaker, QuarkXpress, Word Pro, Microsoft Word, WordPerfect.
*For documents created in formats that do not embed source files, include all support files with the final manuscript in a folder. Put this folder in a compressed archive for submission. If it is possible to embed images in the source document, you should do so to avoid potential issues, such as missing graphics.
IMPORTANT: A DVI (DeVice Independent file) is required for LaTeX conversions, in addition to all associated image files. Make sure that your LaTeX system can output a DVI, otherwise it cannot be converted. Be sure also to check that your images are properly referenced, and that DVI can handle the image file types used (DVI does not handle some newer image types, such as *.png).
The organizers can leave out a paper from the final proceedings submitted to IEEE Xplore in case it is not presented on the congress or workshop.
October 30, 2016: The ICUMT 2016 photos are available on the Official Facebook page of the congress.
October 10, 2016: The ICUMT 2016 Organizing committee is pleased to announce two Invited industrial talks which will be given by Dr. Alexey Anisimov and Dr. Henri Hodara. More details can be found in the Keynotes section.
October 4, 2016: Tentative technical program for the ICUMT 2016 congress and collocated workshops is available here
September 15, 2016: We are happy to announce that the Invited talk on Control Systems, Automation and Robotics will be delivered by Prof. Lucia Pallottino from University of Pisa. More details about the keynote „Challenges in Robotics to face the new era“ are available here.
August 25, 2016: Due to numerous requests, the ICUMT 2016 Organizing Committee decided to extend the deadlines for Final Paper Submission and Authors' Registration and Payment. Please check the Important dates section.
August 17, 2016: The ICUMT 2016 registration has been opened. Please use this link to register your paper and proceed with the payment.
August 16, 2016: The review process of the ICUMT 2016 papers (main tracks) is successfully finished. The ICUMT Organizing Committee is thankful to all reviewers for their careful evaluation. The notifications of paper acceptance/rejection have been sent to authors via email. The paper status including the reviews can be found in the EDAS as well.
June 24, 2016: Due to numerous requests, the ICUMT 2016 Organizing Committee decided to extend the deadline for Regular Paper Submissions until July 5. It is final deadline, no additional extension will be provided.
June 9, 2016: The deadline for Regular Paper Submissions is extended until June 24.
June 3, 2016: We are happy to announce that the First Workshop on THz Communications (THZCOM 2016) will be part of the ICUMT 2016 Congress. More details can be found here.
May 6, 2016: The opening keynote Data Plane programmability: the next step in Software Defined Networking will be given by Giuseppe Bianchi – Full Professor at University of Roma Tor Vergata.
March 30, 2016: The deadline for the ICUMT 2016 workshop proposals was extended until April 30, 2016.
March 2, 2016: The ICUMT 2016 will include also practical tutorials. The first confirmed tutorial is „Candidate Multicarrier Waveforms for Future 5G Communication Systems“. The tutorial will be provided to ICUMT 2016 participants for free with the full registration fee. More details can be found here.
February 9, 2016: The technical co-sponsorship by IEEE Region 8 and IEEE Portugal Section has been fully approved.
February 1, 2016: The ICUMT 2015 Proceedings has been indexed by IEEE Xplore Online Database.
January 27, 2016: Please submit your papers in EDAS!
December 22, 2015: ICUMT 2016 websites launched!
Deadline for Workshop Proposal: March 31, 2016 April 30, 2016 (hard deadline)
Deadline for Regular Paper Submission: June 10, 2016 July 5, 2016
Notification of Paper Acceptance: August 12, 2016 August 16, 2016
Final Paper Submission: August 26, 2016 September 5, 2016
Authors' Early Registration and Payment: August 26, 2016 September 10, 2016
Authors' Late Registration and Payment: September 9, 2016 September 20, 2016